COVID-19 – At this point in time, we do not anticipate the need for any additional COVID-19 mitigation strategies. We will do our best to make decisions to keep everyone healthy and will notify attendees of any changes to this policy.
Children – As with all attendees, our goal is that children and their parents have fun while respecting the enjoyment of others. Children 10 and under must always be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian; minors age 11-17 must have a responsible guardian present at Cardboard Caucus at all times.
Harassment – Don’t harass the other guests. If you’re being harassed by a guest, please let a Cardboard Caucus organizer know immediately and we will handle it. If anyone engages in harassing behavior, Cardboard Caucus organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, from warning the offender, to expulsion with no refund.
Food, Drinks, Alcohol, and Drugs – Food and drink are available for purchase at the hotel as well as at many nearby restaurants. Alcohol is not allowed at the convention. Anyone found in possession of illegal drugs and/or drug paraphernalia may expelled from the convention with no refund.
Sportsmanship – Don’t be a jerk. We’re all here to have fun, so don’t ruin it for somebody else.
Refunds – All refunds are handled through Tabletop.Events.
Badges – No swapping/lending of badges is allowed. Badges should be worn prominently at all times.
Lost Items/Theft – Cardboard Caucus is not responsible for any lost or stolen property.
Smoking – In accordance with Hotel Policy and Local Laws, there is no smoking in the convention area.
Weapons– Attendees and exhibitors are expressly prohibited from carrying weapons and/or weapon replicas.
Photo and Video Disclaimer – By purchasing a badge to Cardboard Caucus, you acknowledge that photography, video, or audio recording may take place at the event or at the event location. By purchasing a badge and/or entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording, and its release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by Cardboard Caucus and its affiliates and representatives. Images, photos, and/or videos may be used to promote future events by Cardboard Caucus. You release Cardboard Caucus and its employees, and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of photographs, video, and/or sound recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Cardboard Caucus or the person or entity designated to do so by Cardboard Caucus. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before purchasing a ticket and/or entering the event.
Participation – To participate in Play-to-Win you must have a valid Cardboard Caucus badge. To be entered, a badge holder will check-out a game from the Play-to-Win library and upon check-in provide the badge number of every badge holder who played it with them. You are limited to one entry per check-out, but are able to check-out the same game multiple times during the convention. Participants found, in the opinion of Cardboard Caucus organizers, to be abusing the system by actions including but not limited to, checking out and returning games without actually playing them or holding onto games to prevent others from checking them out, may be disqualified with or without a warning from all Play-to-Win drawings.
Results – Participants are limited to winning one game per badge. Games will be assigned winners in order of value and/or hotness from highest to lowest, as determined by Cardboard Caucus organizers. All Play-to-Win results will be announced Sunday early afternoon. If you are unable to be present Sunday afternoon to collect your game, a person with your badge may collect it for you. Any unclaimed games at the end of the convention will be redistributed at Cardboard Caucus organizers’ discretion.
General Rules and Regulations
- All space is assigned solely by Cardboard Caucus. Cardboard Caucus’s decisions about exhibitor space assignments are final and binding.
- A Large Booth comes with 4 complimentary badges, and a Standard Booth comes with 2 complimentary badges. Badges will be available for pick-up at the Registration Desk. Badges beyond the complimentary allocated number are available at the regular cost.
- All exhibitors and advertisers are obligated to comply with all standards found on this page. Failure to comply will result in the refusal of advertising materials, alteration or removal of unacceptable products/activities, or closure of exhibits/displays found to be in noncompliance. In this case, no refunds will be issued for exhibit space or badges.
Display Guidelines and Exhibitor Behavior
- Distribution of promotional material is permitted only within the exhibiting company’s booth, at exhibitor sponsored events, or at the table designated for promotions near the Registration Desk in the Main Lobby. No material may be posted on convention walls, fixtures, or furniture. Violators are responsible for all fees and damages incurred from the removal of such postings.
- Absolutely no selling or soliciting is allowed outside of rented booth spaces.
- Exhibitors must comply with, and be bound by, all laws, ordinances, and regulations of the country, state, county, city, and facility.
- Authorized company representatives are expected to staff exhibits during convention hours. When this is not possible, merchandise is to be covered to indicate a closed booth.
- No exhibitor or member of an exhibit may promote, display, or behave in a manner considered offensive to decency or good taste as determined by Cardboard Caucus organizers.
- Demonstrations and all other activities must be confined to the limits of exhibitors’ booths. Aisles may not be obstructed at any time. Exhibitors may not conduct activities of any kind that lead to congestion of aisle traffic.
- Music may not be played without the proper license of copyrighted music. Volume must be appropriate as determined by Cardboard Caucus organizers.
- Attendees and exhibitors are expressly prohibited from carrying weapons and/or weapon replicas.
- All exhibit decorations must meet all applicable fireproof standards and fire ordinances.
- Electrical equipment and wiring must conform to national and local electrical codes.
- The use of profanity and/or symbols considered vulgar by contemporary standards is not allowed.
- Products depicting excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome crimes, depravity, lust, filth, sadism, masochism, unnecessary violence, brutality, physical agony, and/or gore, whether presented editorially or graphically, may not be advertised, displayed, or sold.
- Displays containing sexual items and/or themes are not permitted. Products depicting nudity, graphic lust, rape, or explicit depictions or facsimiles of reproductive organs are not acceptable. Degrading or salacious displays are unacceptable.
- Advertising or selling items containing disparaging graphic or editorial references to physical afflictions, handicaps, or deformities are not permitted.
- Advertising or selling products that depict any people group as inferior to another is not permitted.
- You must have permission to sell any copyrighted material.
Security and Liability
- The library room will be locked outside of convention hours, however, Cardboard Caucus is not responsible for any lost or stolen property, so please arrange your exhibit to discourage shoplifting. Cardboard Caucus organizers strongly encourage all exhibitors to take reasonable precautions to prevent theft and damages. Bring a cloth covering to conceal merchandise during hours your booth isn’t manned. If an incident occurs, please inform Cardboard Caucus organizers immediately.
- Exhibitors are solely responsible for paying all applicable city, county, state, and federal taxes.
- Cardboard Caucus is not responsible for any injury to exhibitors’ agents or employees, or damage to or theft of property from any cause prior to, during, or subsequent to Cardboard Caucus. Exhibitors hereby expressly agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cardboard Caucus/Iowa Tabletop Gaming LLC against any and all claims for such loss, damage, or injury.
- Exhibitors are fully responsible for any loss, damage, or injury to the convention-site owners or personnel, or Cardboard Caucus attendees resulting from exhibitors’ displays or actions.
- Cardboard Caucus reserves the right to cancel arrangements or contracts or close an exhibit whenever it is deemed necessary for the safety or comfort of those attending Cardboard Caucus whenever the exhibit, activity, or material sold is objectionable or offensive to the average person attending Cardboard Caucus, whenever legal conditions, convention policies, or requirements of the convention site so dictate, or whenever portions of the convention site are destroyed or damaged.
- Likewise, Cardboard Caucus reserves the right to cancel arrangements, contracts, or exhibits if Cardboard Caucus fails to take place as scheduled, is interrupted and/or discontinued, or access to the premises is prevented or interfered with by reason of any strike, lock out, act of war, act of God, emergency declared by a government agency or Cardboard Caucus organizers, or for any other reason that terminates this contract.
- Exhibitors will comply with all laws of the United States as well as all applicable state or local ordinances, rules, and requirements of police and fire departments or other authorities of such jurisdictions, will obtain all necessary permits and licenses with respect to their activities, and will not do or suffer to be done anything during the term of this agreement in violation of any such laws, ordinances, rules, or regulations. If the attention of said exhibitors is called to any such violation committed by said exhibitors, or committed by any person employed by or admitted to the premises by said exhibitors, said exhibitors will immediately desist and correct, or cause to be corrected, such violation. Exhibitors agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Cardboard Caucus from any and all costs, suits, and legal proceedings alleging violations of any such law or regulation.
- Use of any product by any exhibitor, employee, or agent thereof containing the Cardboard Caucus name or logo is prohibited without the express written permission of Cardboard Caucus LLC. Exhibitors agree that if any materials making such unauthorized use appear at the convention, Cardboard Caucus shall have the right to take possession of and destroy all such materials, as well as to pursue other available legal remedies.
- All matters and questions not covered by this application and these terms are subject to the decision of Cardboard Caucus organizers.
- Exhibitors agree to abide by and conform to all additional rules and regulations adopted or prescribed by Cardboard Caucus from time to time for the management of Cardboard Caucus and the exhibit areas.
- By applying to be a sponsor or exhibitor, applicants acknowledge that they have read the preceding terms and conditions, expressly agree to comply with them, and authorize Cardboard Caucus to enforce them.